MSC Poesia World Cruise 2024: Malaga 10 Jan, 2024

Malaga was a repeat port for me and I had booked the Gibraltar excursion which was canceled because I was a US citizen.... not sure what is up there.... something about getting back into the EU and Brexit. Anyway, I booked an excursion that was listed in the Facebook group by a French speaking group.

I woke up after the best sleep I have had in a month. I wonder what is it about a ship that makes me sleep so well? 

I was far too excited about the excursion today to Ronda and the Caminito del Rey. I have looked at these excursions in the past but never wanted to risk the distance. It could be a disaster in terms of time. I was up before 7 and in the restaurant before they officially opened at 7:30. (It pays to be friendly to the crew)

I ate quickly and loaded a self tour of Ronda to my phone. The exit was one deck down almost directly below my stateroom. The french speaking group was waiting for the ship to be cleared and we were one of the first groups to disembark the ship.

Outside the terminal, I paid $60 (for 50 euro) to the group leader for the day. (My ATM is refusing to work in the EU at the moment so I'm spending my US Cash reserves) We were all loaded in the van and headed out of the port before 8:30.

We drove past where the hike to Gibralfaro began on last years NCL Gem excursion here in the port of Malaga. I didn’t see any street kitties this time but it was still early in the morning. We arrived at the Caminito Del Rey parking lot and used the rest rooms.


I don’t speak French and the group is all French. The organizer is Spanish but he speaks English. None of the French seem to speak English but all seem to understand a bit . No one has really talked to me except the organizer.

We hiked through tunnels and arrived at 10am for our 2 hour hike through the canyon and across the suspension bridge. See the video HERE.

After crossing this bridge at the end of the canyon, we ended up at the south entrance and are hoped to have 2 hours free time at Ronda.
The van sped along the rolling hills of dramatic scenery and wind turbines. I confess I may have napped a bit.








The views in Ronda were stunning! Unfortunately, we only had 90 minutes and I ran from viewpoint to viewpoint. I will post the video here when I get it uploaded.


We arrived back at the ship at 5 and I got ready for dinner. I ordered salad, two main plates of osso  bucco as well as  2 desserts. 

I tried to go to the Elvis show but was exhausted.


I posted to Facebook as we were going past Gibraltar and someone posted this picture to Facebook. Wow!


Happy Cruising!!

Comments

Popular Posts