What happens when you book an Israel/Egypt Cruise and war breaks out?

 

You book a dream cruise to Israel and Egypt and war breaks out. What happens? My Alianz policy protects my trip against terrorism but has a note about war:

Terrorist event: An act carried out by an organized terrorist group recognized by the U.S. State Department that injures people or damages property to achieve a political, ethnic, or religious result. It does not include general civil protest, unrest, rioting, or acts of war.

What does this mean? It means that if I cancel my cruise, my cruise fare is no refundable from my insurance. (or the money I paid for the insurance)

What should I do? I called NCL and cancelled my shore excursions which refund back to my credit card. If the cruise is modified by NCL and ports are substituted, I will already have my money back. If a miracle happens and peace is declared, I can always rebook excursions. In the meantime, I already have the money refunded. (NOTE: Do not use gift cards to book excursions or cruises for this reason. If you have to cancel or the cruise is cancelled, these funds are refunded to the original form of payment)

What do I do next? 

I contacted my travel agent to ask what my options were.

I will wait and see what the cruise line offers.

If the cruise line offers a FCC or refund as well as a plan for alternate ports, I will have to determine if I want to stay on the cruise for the alternate ports. It could be an opportunity to sail on a ship at half capacity or less again. Anything else is speculation at this point. I have to wait and see,


Happy cruising!

Comments

Popular Posts