Kusadasi, Turkey (Ephesus) Planning

In 2016, I was fortunate enough to take a "Best of Ephesus" shore excursion with Carnival. What did i glean from that visit? I remember it rained when I toured Ephesus and that it was still the highlight of the tour. I used the 2021 Rick Steves Istanbul with Ephesus and Cappadocia Eighth Edition guidebook for this post.

This time, I have booked "Magnificent Ephesus" through NCL. With the $50 shore excursion credit plus the 15% status discount, it is less expensive then getting there on our own. We'll get a taste of Ephesus without a large investment. Also, the description says we can skip the turkish rug guilt trip. Athough I did enjoy the demonstration about the rugs, I did not enjoy the high pressure sales tactics.

This port will cost us less than $100. I do wish we were able to visit the museum but it is only rated as 1 star and I want to relax before we tackle Athens the next day.

What do you think?

Happy Cruising!

Comments

Popular Posts