Carnival Luminosa Day 20: May 1, 2023 Day at Sea

We had a time change last night. I didn't sleep well because of the ship rocking and rolling and was up early. Room service arrived on time and was correct. I headed up for a burrito.
I should expound a little bit. Carnival offers free room service between 6 and 10am of you stick to continental breakfast items. Things I ordered different days on this cruise include: a banana, fruit bowl, bowl of cereal, bagel, milk, coffee, tea, and yogurt. I tried to add other things but was told they weren't on the room service menu. Note that I was unable to get a bagel in the buffet but had no problem ordering one on room service. On NCL, I can get a coffee maker in my stateroom. A coffee maker is not an option here, but having room service is a pretty nice way to have your cup of coffee first thing in the morning each day. 
You can then put the carafe in the fridge (it fits beside the Britta filter pitcher) and have iced coffee on demand!
On my rounds, I dumped more credits into the panda and dragon but neither were generous today. The burrito bar was freezing even though they closed the roof in Hawaii. I am really not looking forward to cold stormy may days at home. I'm ready to go back to hot and humid already.
I watched the morning show and headed around the ship taking some pictures of some of the cool spots to hang out during the day.
Note that they added a ton of books and games when we stopped in Hawaii. That said, still no chairs.
I signed in for lunch in the dining room. It is said this is such an elusive pleasure on this cruise. 
I had carnitas on tortillas, a lamb kabob, and a roly poly.
After lunch I made it my mission to nail down a hotel at dayuse.com. I wanted to book a Seattle downtown hotel, but instead elected to book the Hilton convention center close to the airport. I have a late flight and don't want a lot of hassle transferring luggage or dealing with it all-day. This way, I will just relax by the pool or nap in the room until I check in at the airport.
I listened to movie quotes trivia, explain a movie badly, and calling all needs before I headed to nap. I skipped the Deal or no Deal cards.
I set the alarm for 30 minutes but that turned into and hour and maybe more as I really didn't have anywhere to be until 530. With these time changes I am not feeling inspired to get out of bed. The one main event today is the show at 715.
For dinner I ordered the cold cherry soup, braised rabbit, seafood Newburg, and cappuccino cake.
The preshow at 715 and I got a good seat. 
I had seen this show on the Vista in May 2016 but they still didn't disappoint and it felt new with all the special effects. It was a full on rock concert tribute to 80s bands.
After tbe show, I stayed in Ocean Plaza and listened to Gabi and Victor who did a great job. 
After checking the puzzle progress, I headed to the stateroom where the toilet didn't flush and I didn't have hot water. I decided to wait and sleep anyway. Shortly after heading to bed, I heard the toilet flush so they must have been working on it. Also, no hot water. I watched a bizarre music on the TV and went to sleep.
Happy Cruising!




Comments

Popular Posts