Carnival Luminosa Day 19: April 30, 2023 Day at Sea

Woke up to my alarm just before room service delivered on time at 8. Today, it was toast instead of cereal. It was the most incorrect yet and he banged the door... ah the variety!
I ate some wheat cardboard toast with my coffee and headed down to get my puzzle and feed the panda and dragon. Neither creature was generous today.
I took a look at the puzzle and watched the morning show live as they filmed it in Ocean Plaza. I chatted with the cruise director for a while. We talked about all the different cruise lines and options available to cruise customers today. As customers, we are fortunate but many lines are cutting these days. Things like towel animals have been cut at NCL but not here on the Luminosa. Times, as always, are changing.

Afterwards I just went to my cabin to practice some songs on the ukulele and to think about cruising and what it means to be a thrifty cruiser. Thrifty doesn't mean cheap, it means frugal. What is the optimal balance of cheap and efficient when it comes to cruising? Perhaps a great example might Hawaii to Tahiti back to Hawaii.
Sadly, I didn't pay attention ro the time and at 11:31, it was too late to grab lunch in the dining room. I find this maddening that you cant eat lunch in the dining room on a sea day at lunch time. I headed down to work on the puzzle and checked out the lecture on Pacific Navigation by the stars. 
I took a picture and moved on to the buffet. Today's sandwich was faster than yesterday which was great because I wanted to take a nap.
After a 30 minute nap, I headed down to listen to the final progressive trivia. They gave out prizes to all the perfect attendance teams.
I popped into a comedy show but I don't find a lot of stuff funny so I didn't stay. I was a bit lost at what to do.  
I headed to tea and had some pastries including the elusive macaroons people keep eating thay say for display only... and it was so dry I think it had been in a display jar up on the Lido deck. It was tasty but no one was really in the mood to talk but instead one couple talked about other passengers the whole time. I excused myself and headed to movie trivia.
I needed to make plans for Seattle so I bought internet and updated the blog. It looks like I could have checked my bag in Seattle if I had signed up for it the first night of the cruise.  I may be able to sign up on board. However, guest services says they won't implement the service until the next cruise out of Seattle.
At dinner I ordered cold strawberry soup, fish and chips, and pineapple upside down cake.
I was excited to see my laundry sitting on the bed when I got back from dinner. They sent a letter in Honolulu that we needed to get laundry in yesterday. I am excited to get my laundry back in 36 hours! Bonus.
Tonight's show was Alyssa Harris and she sang Etta James, Aretha Franklin, and Carol King songs. The ship was really rocking and I think she kept walking around just to keep from falling.
I headed to my room and passed out because tonight we have another time change hour forward. Sadly the 80s party was at 1030 and I just couldn't drag my tired butt there.
Happy Cruising!

Comments

Popular Posts