Carnival Luminosa Day 18: April 29, 2023 Day at Sea

We are on our way to Seattle and left Honolulu late last night... I took a look at the schedule because I didn't realize we still have more days than I thought to get to Seattle. I know we get there May 4 but have lost track of what day or date that it is. I do like that about cruising.
Room service delivered on time and was correct again. I was so happy to see Patty as she is the only one who has figured out how to bring the tray in without slamming the door!
I went down for the daily sudoku puzzle and dropped $10 into the greedy panda. I dropped a few dollars in the dragon and it paid back $30. I immediately finished my coffee and cashed out a $20 bill to put in the safe.
I had my daily breakfast burrito and watched the morning show. There are a lot of new crewmembers on board that have swapped out and they are talking about previous ships and people that they know on board. Facebook takes the fun out of serendipity.
I was seriously dragging today and was half hour late to ukulele group. I don't think anyone was feeling it. We played a song ukulele to the tune of hallelujah and it is very funny.
Up to the lunch buffet (brunch still ends at 1130) I had a Ham and Cheese that comes with mustard. I had to wait an extra 5 minutes for mayo and tomato and onions. I was craving a mainliner. I was lucky as they didn't let the guy in front of me customize at all. It takes about 10 minutes per person to cycle through. Also there are no chips.
The only real alternatives are pizza or a burrito for. The BBQ and burgers aren't that good and the choices at the buffet are not interesting on this ship.
I took a quick 30 minute nap and headed to the Diamond Platinum party. While waiting, I added a couple.pieces to the community puzzle. 
Music and free drinks made the Diamond party the same as the Captains party except they gave out awards for youngest platinum and oldest platinum 92 and most nights sailed 743. That is truly a lot of carnival cruises!
Immediately after the party was Azar's magic show and the Ocean Plaza was filled with people. He did a great job except that I have now seen the booze bottle trick about 5 times on ships. It must be all the rage these days. What he did do what a thing where he linked a couple together. He scratched his nose and the woman reacted. That was definitely the best part.
I grabbed another half hour of rest and headed to dinner. Dinner was just ok. There are still new items here and there but presentation and actual taste makes it easy to pass to the next course without cleaning the plate. I have always felt guilty about wasting food but Carnival is helping me to get past the habit of cleaning my plate.
I had Duck pot stickers (greasy), Frith Mixto (tasty but greasy), Greek salad (delicious), chicken with prosciutto(dry), and black forest cake. I drank my coffee slow and chatted with dinner companions as dinner was quick and there was no rush to get a seat at the show.
I took a quick look at the puzzle on the way to the show and someone has been busy!
I grabbed a good seat. One Njght Only featured the house band and they did a great job. The bass player literally joined the ship yesterday in Honolulu but blended seamlessly into the band.
I headed back to the stateroom as there aren't really many other options on the ship, and flipped through the channels before falling asleep.
HAPPY CRUSING!!


Comments

Popular Posts