Carnival Luminosa Day 16: April 27, 2023 Honolulu

I was sleepy when I woke up.  My view was another foggy stormy day. Room service coffee was delivered at 8am by a woman today who was careful and didn't slam the door when she came in. I wish had taken out more than a dollar to tip her.
I headed down for my daily puzzle and visit to the panda. The panda machine seemed extra greedy so I switched to a 50 cent dragon machine and I wanted a second cup of coffee. As I was running out of the daily money, I hit a small jackpot for $36 and cashed out. 
So far I have $130 in cash this cruise without spending any money out of pocket.
I needed to go upstairs to decide between a breakfast burrito or oatmeal. Since the pizza bar just opened, I decided to order a 4 cheese pizza with mushrooms instead.
I devoured it back in my room while I watched the morning show.
There are even less activities today because we are going to need to clear customs this afternoon.
I went to have a private ukulele session in the night club. It is fun to play with them but they all have a lot of talent and are older so I am afraid to hold them back.
We played for over an hour.
I headed to lunch in the buffet. Today I had another fish taco on a burrito shell and I throw away most of the shell. It is my attempt to have a healthy lunch.
I tried to have a bit of a nap but we arrived in Honolulu and I suddenly had cellular service. I spent a couple hours getting US Cellular working again. I haven't had cell service with them since March 10ish. Google Fi is the way I'll go once my contract completes.
At 4, I headed to ukulele class and helped them tune the 14 ukuleles before class. We had a nice relaxing class and played the songs we had learned. Kalehua and Lani did a great job.
At 5 they were calling deck 7 down to customs which was right on schedule. Unfortunately, deck 6 was 5:45 and deck 5 is scheduled for 6. Dinner is usually at 530 so this means I probably am forced to eat off ship or in the buffet.
Since they were running late, I ate at the buffet. 
It was really not appetizing. I had some pizza and a piece of fish, a piece of chicken and dry vegetarian lasagna. It was not very good. At 6:15 they called deck 5. I finished my meal and headed down with my jacket. At 635 they called deck 4 while waiting in line. Apparently, only the ship is an icebox. While waiting  in line the temperature was quite nice.
The line moved quite quickly and I was back on board by 715. I watched the Violin Music in Ocean Plaza to pass a few minutes.
I headed to the dining room for my dinner. Selections were somewhat limited. I had veal marsala and chocolate melting cake with decaf coffee.
I hadn't had a nap today so I was definitely ready for some rest by the time I finished dinner.
There was a Liars Club comedy show at 930 but I missed it. I need to be extra vigilant to pay attention to the schedule on this ship. 

Comments

Popular Posts