Diamond Princess Day 18: 2 Mar 2023 Day at Sea


I think this may have turned out to be one of the best sea days ever for me. It started with a stormy view out the window while I finished my sudoku puzzle near the explorers club. I decided to go to the dining room for breakfast.


And I was treated to steak and eggs!

Today was the Cruisecritic day. I had posted about a cruise critic meeting and also personally called a few people to be sure word was out about the meet and greet with the ships officers. The loyalty manager Liz did a great job and got a bunch of crew to show up. The best part was a bunch of cruise critic folks showed up. I have to say, it was one of the best meet and greets I have been to since we were able to really ask a lot of questions. My favorite was which was the crew's favorite port in the world. 

PROTIP: Cruisecritic meetings tend to be on the first sea day of a cruise. It may be better to wait until everyone is a lot less stressed out before that meeting with the crew.

During my nap today, I was listening to the noise that has been bugging me a little. I realized it sounds like a water hammer noise when you turn a valve on and off and the water pressure causes the pipes to bang. Since it happens every 10 minutes almost exactly, I was able to find an engineer down on the deck who was smoking and played the noise for him. I'm not sure if it was as a result of speaking to an officer directly or not, but something weird happened.



As I was walking back to the room, I noticed a room to my left unlocked as I walked by. Please note how quiet this ship is. I heard the door unlock and then no one came out. I went back to investigate. It definitely unlocked for me. When I got back to my room, there was a voicemail asking me to contact customer service. They were sorry for the annoying noise and had had complaints about it before from the other side of the ship. They wanted to offer me a different stateroom but with the same room steward. It was a balcony. The catch was that I would have to move all my stuff.


I decided to think about it, and went to dinner. Appetizer was a twice baked goat cheese souffle and a chef's salad.

Dinner was carved beef tenderloin.
Dessert was an assortment of sweet things that the waiter selected.

After dinner, I went to guest services and told them that I would make the switch. I had been impressed with Princess before but now I am super impressed. Midship interior is a nice upgrade to midship balcony on a transpacific. Sadly, I had to do the move a day before a port day. Oh well.

The move was complete by 9 and I was sweaty and ready for a shower and then bed.

All in all, it was a fantastic day.
Happy Cruising!




Comments

Popular Posts