Diamond Princess Day 9: 20 Feb 2023 Kauai, HI

I was up early to try to get some pictures as we pulled into port in a storm.
I had huevos rancheroa but was pretty disappointed so ordered additional guacamole.
I browsed the pastries in the buffet on the way off the ship but didn't grab one. It is hard to eat healthy portions with so many temptations.

Once off the ship, there was a shuttle to the ABC store and a trolley to a mall across rhe street.
I hopped on the shuttle. The ABC store sold Hawaiian shirts and Kings Hawaiian rolls as well as groceries.

I walked across a bridge towarda Dukes and a Marriott Resort at a beautiful beach.
They had a 60 year old.Koi pond and other interesting things to look at.
I tried to get a picture of the surfers in front of the ship but my phones camera doesn't do it justice.

I headed back to the ship for a buffet lunch and quick nap before heading out again. This time I took the trolley and walked back towards the ship.
I did a geocache and looked at dozens of hens and their chicks all living wild on the island.
Once back on the ship, I had a front row seat at dinner as we pulled out of port into a storm.
The island disappeared into the fog.
After dinner, I watched a few minutes of a Billy Joel and Elton John tribute piano show. I walked up on the deck and then called it a night.
Happy Cruising!

Comments

Popular Posts