Diamond Princess Day 8: 19 Feb 2023 Honolulu, HI

A second day in Honolulu meant I could stay late in bed. I was in no hurry to get moving but still dragged myself to the dining room for breakfast. 
I was super excited that they had steak and eggs! Then I headed to walmart where I picked up some hawaiian guava drink.
There was one more geocache nearby so I headed into chinatown to find a statue of confusious. On the way I learned that two world leaders were taught in Hawaii. Sun Yat Sen in China and President Obama in US.

I found the statue but didnt find the answer to the geocache. I did notice that chinatown seemed pretty sketchy with a topless bar and lots of homeless people. That said, there were lots of markets and bargains to be had.  I did some window shopping and made it back to the ship for a snack in the buffet and then it was a perfect time to do some laundry. A 30 minure wash cycle was $3 and a 60 minute dryer cycle for $3. I took a long nap before putting my clean clothes away.
Dinner was delicious. 
While eating at my assigned table, a luau started at the Aloha tower and I watched them do the flame torch dance.
I walked around a bit to settle my dinner and crashed without seeing the piano show. I did check out the pizza bar and the movie under the stars but nothing could keep my eyes open.
Happy Cruising!




Comments

Popular Posts