Diamond Princess Day 7: 18 Feb 2023 Honolulu, HI

I was up early to grab some pictures of Hawaii as we pulled into port and then I grabbed a coffee.

Today I used my first of 15 specialty coffees by ordering a cappuccino. It is definitely better than the drip coffee but I am very satisfied with the drip. Note that the coffee in the dining room is definitely another step down.

On the way back to the room, I noticed the schedule screen has changed to show the port. Someone has way too much time on their hands but also I respect the attention to detail.

I grabbed a quick bite and headed out to Honolulu.
i did a geocache and then headed to walmart where I found a second geocache. I browsed a discount clothing store called Ross. Then went to Starbucks.
My plan was to go to waikiki but the bus driver said no transfers ans I had already paid $3.So I only got to the Alomoana Mall.
I grabbed a quick bite of Korean Fried chicken and a musubi. 
On the way to a ukulele store, I watched a bunch of kids playing the Lion King theme on ukulele. It was super cute.
Unfortunately, all the ukuleles were super expensive in the mall, but they were handcrafted and beautiful.
i snapped a couple pictures of the cruise terminal because I am guessing it has not changed in a long time.
I didnt have time for a nap and immediately had to get ready for dinner. I did take a minute to install a curtain between the bedroom and the entryway.it really makes the inside stateroom feel bigger.

 The surprise of the day was a letter waiting on the bed saying the ship was staying an extra day in port because it wouldn'r be safe for the tender boats in Lahaina the next day.
I had a seafood cocktail, chilled sour cherry soup, steak Diane, and pineapple cheesecake. The quality of the food on the ship is amazing for a main dining room.
Tonights theater show was a hawaiian hula show with young girls from 6 to 20. The little ones absolutely stole the show! 
After the show, I tried to stay awake at least until 9 by watching the TV. There was an enrichment program that talked about the evolution of the modern cruiser. It didnt take long to put me to sleep.

HAPPY CRUISING!

 

Comments

Popular Posts