Norwegian Bliss Day 16: 22 Jan 2023 Debarkation

I was up early to see the sunrise over LA. Then I headed down and had a nice breakfast in Taste dining room. It was a mob scene as only one dining room was open for breakfast and many people had planned to have a relaxed breakfast instead of the chaotic garden buffet breakfast. This is the first time I had seen a ship.with such a small dining room option on the last day. Usually I believe both Taste and Savor are open.

Since I dont have a flight until 9:30pm out of LAX I had options today.

1. Use the $50 excursion credit and book the $83 excursion to Hollywood that included a couple hours of shopping arriving around 3pm at the airport.

2. Book the $25 express transfer to the airport and leave last from the ship arriving around 12 at LAX.

I elected to choose option 2 and booked a day stay at the Embassy Suites. 
My friend had breezed through everything earlier in the morning with an Orange tag. By green 2 there were significant delays. It took 2 hours just to get from waiting on the ship to the shuttle bus leaving the pier. I was called at 10AM and the bus was pulling out about 12 pm. 
I said a sad farewell as we pulled into the traffic to get to LAX. We areived at LAX around 1 and had teouble catching the shuttle to Embassy Suites North. Eventually, I called and learned it was the Central Parking Shuttle which had a tiny sign on the door that said Embassy Suites. I checked in about 1:48pm and had a light snack, watched a show, slept for a few hours, and showered.

In retrospect, the day rate gets you 9 hours and my time slot was 12 to.9. I would have been much better off to do 10 to 7 and take an Uber direct from the ship.

In any case, I had a nice relaxing day to unwind.

I left on the shuttle for the airport at 7:20pm and arrived in the sky lounge at 7:50pm for a nice dinner. I boarded the redeye for the east coast at 8:50 and was asleep before takeoff.

Protip: If you have a late flight, consider a day use hotel for the day. (That is a clickable link to dayuse.com) 

Hope this helps.

HAPPY CRUISING!

Comments

Popular Posts