Norwegian Bliss Day 13: 19 Jan 2023 Mazatlan, MX

My excursion met at 9:15 on the pier. I could see the lighthouse from the observation lounge at breakfast so I was ready.
We rode a golf cart train to the cruise port center where there were shops and free wifi. Then we all grouped for a rest stop.visit and then hopped in trucks to head to the lighthouse.
This hike could easily be done without an excursion but it sure was easier going with the guide Christobal.
At the bottom of the mountain there were more restrooms and everyone had Christobal take their picture on the sign.
We took breaks every 100 meters or so as we went uo the hill to talk about flora fauna or interesting rocks in the bay.
After 750 meters or so (it is well signed) the ramp turned into steps.
The steps and rail were sturdy.
Soon we were at the top. Christobal gave us each a bottle of water. He told us about the froot loop key lime tree at the top.
Then it was time for another photo op. The views were great.
We made a really good pace down the hill and caught the trucks back to the port. There was an option to stop in the old town but I just went straight back to the ship.

 Pro Tip: if you have the excursion credit, this hike is a great excursion for under $20. That said, if you was rainy I would skip it since the ramp would be slippery. Also, I did this at 9AM and it was very hot coming back down. I felt bad for the people doing the same excursion at 1PM.

Once back on the ship I grabbed lunch and slept. I almost missed the solo social but I went anyway.
We all sang happy birthday to Henry and another solo.

I was tired so I went to the garden buffet and ate a light dinner before falling asleep in the observation lounge and then dragging myself back to my cabin.
Happy Cruising! 

Comments

Popular Posts