Norwegian Bliss Day 10: 16 Jan 2023 Acupulco, Mexico

I had to wake up at 5am to prepare for a call this morning. I took my laptop and notebook up to the Observation Lounge. It was surprising how much noise was all around. I hid in the corner and did the call.

I grabbed another hour of sleep before breakfast in the Taste restaurant. It was huevos rancheros day. 

I managed to get my laundry ready today. Then headed to the observation lounge for a nap and a snack before my excursion.

Today's excursion was Easy Acupulco Cliff Divers. Basically, easy means a half hour bus ride, a half hour watching the cliff divers, a half hour shopping, and a half hour ride back to the ship. 

Our guide was Maria Delores aka Lolita. She told us all about Acupulco while I took a little nap. Once we got to the divers, I wanted to be at the top for the best view. Some men blocked the way. Sure enough, I said Lolita said it was Ok and they got out of the way.
A dozen guys climbed up the cliff and then took turns diving into the water from different heights. Some even jumped off at the same time. As a grand finale, a guy jumped off from 35 meters (about 100 feet)

After the show, we crossed the street to a shop and used the rest room where there were refreshments available as well as all sorts of dresses and jewelry.

Soon we zipped back to the ship in time for a late lunch in the packed buffet. 

After lunch, I went down to the observation lounge to relax in a lounger. I fell asleep for an hour and then went down to my room to sleep another hour. I woke up in time for solo social. 
I had reservations for Jersey Boys and got to the theater 40 minutes before showtime. Believe it or not, it was hard to find a good seat. I managed to get a seat in the third row slightly off center. The show was long at 2 hours but it was spectacular.
After the show and a visit to the rest room, I ran to the main dining room for late dining of lamb kafka, thai shrimp, and a pear tart for dessert.
Then I called it an early night. I have another early morning meeting tomorrow.

Happy Cruising!

Comments

Popular Posts