Covid Surprise and Takeaways

Those of you who know me or have met me in my travels know that I always wear a mask. It is partly habit but also out of an abundance of caution. When I get home, I take a covid test just to be sure I didn't catch anything while I was away.
On Monday, I tested positive for Covid using a home test. I suppose it was inevitable but I still didn't want it. I immediately let my doctor know. 
When I didnt hear back for a couple hours, I decided to retest using one of my Travel Covid kits that include telemedicine care.
These kits are not free. I buy them when I need to habe a certified result for a cruise or a flight. Once complete, they email me certified results. They cost about $33 at Optum.
Once I tested possitive, they immediately showed me a webpage where I put in my health information and transferred me to a consult with a PA in my geographic location who prescribed Paxlovid at my local Walgreens.
I had the treatment before my real doctor's office even contacted me back. If I had been on a cruise ship, I could have had someone grab my prescriltion in port and isolated in my cabin or hotel while I recovered.
In any case, the medicine is working and other than a massive headache when I take the medicine and a terrible taste in my mouth, I have no complaints.
I wasn't planning to order more of these kits, but I am so impressed that I ordered 3 more for my future travels.
After 3 covid free years of travel, I have finally hit the Covid lottery. I believe it was in the Bliss buffet or dining room. The ship was very crowded this time and I definitely heard coughing and sneezing all around me.

Stay safe out there.
HAPPY CRUISING!!


Comments

Popular Posts