Norwegian Gem 12/16/2022: Second Sea Day

The ship has cruised much further South than planned to avoid huge waves from a storm in the North Atlantic. Perhaps this explains the loss of Internet.

I decide to have my first breakfast in the Grand Pacific dining room. Service was very slow and it took 30 minutes just to place my order. I think a lot of the crew are new and are seasick. In total, it takes 60 to 90 minutes for a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs on a pretzel bun.

Sea days normally mean looking at the Freestyle Daily and finding all sorts of activities to do. This cruise is different. There are not as many things to do. I take a nap, do sudoku.

I head to the Grand Pacific dining room for lunch and get seated with a couple from England who have a canal boat. The husband is a teacher in the Canary Islands where they spend most of their time. We have a really nice chat and the food is good.

For dinner, I go to the Teppanyaki restaurant. Customer service gave me a choice of Moderna or Teppanyaki because of the weird incident with my first room. The Teppanyaki show is loud and I don't recommend it for someone who wants to have a romantic dinner or a conversation. That said, the food quality is good and the show is entertaining. I have never been hungry when I left the table on any NCL ship at Teppanyaki.
The show in the theater is Spencer Robson which is a repeat of cruise day 3. This time I skipped it. he was fine once but I really don't need to see it again. I went up to check out the Latino band in Spinnaker. The ship was tossing and turning and since there really wasn't much for shows offered, I watched a movie and went to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts