Good Habits When Checking a Bag


I want to pass along some advice that has saved my behind more than once including today when I was  checking a bag. Once the check in is complete and the agent tags your bag, take a picture of both the bag AND the tag. Note the location on the tag. Today, I noticed MIA on the tag instead of BCN!! I said hey I'm going to Barcelona. She had already my bag on the belt and it was rapidly disappearing. She quickly brought it back and retagged it. I saved two bags today with my habit. Some stranger's bag would have gone to Miami while mine went to Miami.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: Agents share label printers and you need to double check before your bag disappears AND goes MIA.

Since this has happened to me a few times and on different airlines in the last few years, I hope this tip saves someone some hassle.

Happy Cruising!

Comments

Popular Posts