Virgin Valiant Lady Day 14: Pack It Up

It is getting harder to sleep late. The 25 hour days have been great but soon reality will be upon us and we'll have to end this journey.
I awoke to little birds flying around outside my balcony. I had seen birds while watching the stars last night but they were bigger sea birds. The birds this morning were small like sparrows. I took a few minutes to play with the star app. 
I have wanted to have a star app that augmented reality for a.while and I am.geeking out that this one works. I really want one that can be transparent and overlay what I see. I used to have one that sould.identify the peaks of the mountains that I saw on the horizon and that was also.very nice.
We are just East of the Bahamas this morning and we should start to see other ship traffic today. It has been a week since we have seen another ship or land. I did see flying fish yesterday and that was incredible. 
Before.I forget, I wanted to tell you a few things I really like about my room and a few things that are not so good. The design is modern. The shower has two shower heads and is absolutely wonderful. It is stiill not huge but the overhad wide shower is nice to stand under and the sprayer head could blow barnacles off the ship's hull. The shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are nice and do not dry my skin. Virgin also provides bar soap which is nice. 
The bathroom counter is weird. There is a large bowl sink which means the counter is only two feet wide. Because the sink is so tall and curved, things get pushed under and hide from sight.
The closets are open but sized and layed out well. There are 10 hangers. There is a cabinet with a door with a safe and a bunch of very small drawers that I can just fit my packing cube into.
There is a mini fridge and a small desk space with a stool. The room also features a nice chair. The bed can be a double bed and a weird wooden platform wirh a storage drawer.
The bed can conveft into.a.couch or both a bed and a couch which face a 45" panel TV. There is a full length mirror on one of the walls. A tablet on the desk controls the lights, TV, and can order room service. 
There are 225 movie choices, 25 TV shows.with multiple.episodes, 4 Virgin documentaries, and a 20 minute yoga workout available on the TV. BBC news, BBC HD, MSNBC, Fox News, sports 24, and an aft camera were the only live channels. Strangely lacking was a map with our location and weather speed information.
The balcony feels huge to.me with a small table and 2.chairs. Also, the hanging hammock is.just glorious. If your friend sails with you and gets the stateroom next to you, they will open the door between the balconies and you get twice as much space. Virgin has done a.very nice job on the room design other than the bathroom sink.
I did a quick room tour on youtube if you want to see it- nothing special but a video must be worth 10000 words.
I managed to get into sunrise stretch this morning as well as meditation. Then when everyone went down to the red room for yoga I stayed behind for self led yoga.
I grabbed a quick breakfast and noticed they were out of the berry bento boxes that I love so much. A quick breakfast and I was off to Bungee class. It is so much fun. I seriously want one in my house. It is a real workout and not just all fun.
 Once again, Zumba was awesome. Apparently the zumba instructor was only contracted for this voyage and he got all choked up when we told him how much we liked his class.
It was time to prepack into the packing cubes. I also needed to use the hair dryer to dry some of the wet clothes from doing laundry. Honestly, I have never done so many workouts on a cruise.
I took time to go up to the studio to do passenger led rollout class. Soon it was time for dinner at Gunbae for the last night. It was a great group of folks and the conversation varied widely as the time went on.
I went with a couple to grab dessert at Extra Virgin. Get a whiskey crema with a double espresso. It is pure yummy! The grand finale show and 70s disco party was great and a nice way to say farewell.
Life is a journey and I find great people to talk to and learn from as I muddle my way through life. These folks become like cruise family. Some become weird uncles or estranged cousins. Some become best friends. Some you can't wait to see again and some you won't ever see again. The important thing is that for a brief moment n time, you had a shared experience.

HAPPY CRUISING!


Comments

Popular Posts