Virgin Valiant Lady Day 12: Scarlet Night

Red skies at nighr is a sailor's delight. We had a glorious sunrise today. The ship has a shipwide party tonight called scarlet night.

Certain parterns emerge for every cruise I have been on as you learn the layout of the ship and the activities that you enjoy. On this voyage, it has been the sunrise stretch ypga, meditation, and breathing classes that have repeated day after day.

I made a reservation at Razzle Dazzle restaurant for breakfast at 9. My friends wanted to do bottomless brunch. We ordered our food but it still had not arrived by 9:50 and I wanted to do the VHS workout.

The VHS workout was fun even though it was pretty much a repeat from the first one. They did a few different things. I'm pretty certain that at this point the staff is pretty exhausted. 
Immediately afterwards, I rushed up to the 90s Boy Band Dance class. It was so a nice workout but I am not at the same mental level as most people when it comes to trying to learn a routine. I could do the last half pretty well but the footwork at the beginning made me look like a diaaster. It didnt help that one of the passengers in front of me was a former backup dancer for NSync and was incredible.
When I went down to finally eat lunch time, my seat was still available and I received ny food within 10 minutes of ordering.
I had a work.meeting which I completed via cellular over wifi which is fortunate because the firewall seems to be blocking meeting apps. I've been told to try my laptop instead but I haven't been carrying it around.
Trivia was a history theme and the team placed second despite the bottomless brunch.
I went to a.lecture on Acupuncture but it was more of a pitch to get passengers to come in for a consultation. I managed to grab a nap before heading up to the Roll Out class.
The class was full of new people and I recognized only one other passenger. After waiting about 10 minutes they said the instructor was sick and that all exercise classes were cancelled for the rest of the day. One passenger was very angry and insisted that the app be fixed so that the classes didn't show on the schedule.
Scarlet Night preparations were going on all over the ship. Inflatables were being set up and decorations. All passengers who wanted to wore red. 
At 5pm they were supposed.to.tell the story of scarlet night. They though 5 people would show up and over 50 showed up. Staff were overwhelmed and needed to call for an audio tech and a microphone. Fun things happen if you listen to the Charmer (the magician on board) The charmer told the story and then gave an outline of the evening events.
Dinner at the Test Kitchen was good and the lamb was delicious. There was a weird corn patte that was spread on cornbread that was delicious. It was a 5 course meal that seemed small in portion size compared to other restaurants on the ship. Once again, the quality was excellent. There was some sort of incense in the ventilation system that made it hard to breathe a few times during dinner.
Heading back out into Scarlet.night, it was very confusing as to where to go and what to do. I suppose for.a couple you could find a quiet place and enjoy each others company. As a solo traveller, i went and enjoyed the musicians near where the Charmer had hinted that things would happen. Other than nice music, nothing happened. They wrapped up their set, and still nothing happened. It was quiet and music wasnt even playing over the speakers for about 15 minutes.
Eventually I went to see a show which was basically exactly the same thing that the Cbarmer has said except the lady crewmember was all dressed up and she had little puppets on a stick and told it like a bedtime story. I didn't really need help falling asleep because I was bored. I did hear a similar hint to be bg the stairs at 9pm.
I went to the stairs and a parade of dancers came along and i was asked to move down the stairs. I had a fantastic view of a dance show on the stairs.
Then the dancers and staff surged around the space and into the closest bar. Some passengers were given name tags and they had a mock wedding where the bride and groom were all dressed up crazy for scarlet night. (I was given a tag estranged cousin which is exactly what I felt like)
Afterwards, there was a reception in the coffee shop with more dancers and jugglers. Then the passengers surged into the red room for another retelling of the same story by the octopus queen who sang the tale. Although the woman could really sing, at this point both of.my friends literally fell asleep in the third row in front of her.
I am guessing that part of the fun is all the humanity and weirdness but I was really struggling to be entertained so I called it a night and did not attend the big dance party. In the end, we all cruise our own cruise and a good night's sleep seemed like a good idea.
Unfortunately all the picture traffic from Scarlet night aeems to have used up the bandwidth, so I will need to post all the crazy pictures another time.
HAPPY CRUISING!






   

Comments

Popular Posts